Generates computerized applications for digital platform projects. Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining systems according to appropriate methodology and techniques in regards to established objectives such as quality, costs, deadlines and benefits. Under direction, develops, implements, and coordinates computer-based information systems and automated office functions within the Service department; reviews, assists in the design of, and coordinates changes to departmental data processing systems that are centralized on host computers; performs related duties as required.
- Leads projects related to digital solution implementation on customer sites
- Leads implementation of company internal digital tools and processes for the cluster (Digitalization of service processes)
- Implements solutions to problems in already existing products by conducting bug fixes and finds new functions for software in order to meet the expectations of the company and customer.
- Supervises the activities of third and partner companies, determines the scope of activities of contracted companies who assist with development of projects and helps set deadlines.
- Submits weekly reports/action plans for projects in progress highlighting the main activities and outstanding points (behind schedule). Should pay close attention to the development of action plans with customers and suppliers so that the delivery schedule is followed.
- Prepares necessary documents for the development of system and industrial applications. This includes developing data dictionaries, system manuals and technical reports.
- Train and monitor users in the handling of systems developed or purchased from third parties, to ensure correct and consistent operation.
- Responsible for designing, planning, installing, configuring and managing computer networks with the entire Information Technology area, in conjunction with the industrial automation of the project.
- Participate in the collection of data and the definition of methods and resources necessary to implement systems and/or change existing ones.
- Provide technical advice identifying customer needs, proposing process and function changes, negotiating alternative solutions, proposing the adoption of new methods and techniques, aiming to adapt solutions to their needs.
- Prepare manuals or develop system projects, facilitating in the use and the understanding of them.
- Analyze the performance of the implemented systems, re-evaluate routines, manuals and work methods, verifying if they serve the user, finding more effective work methodologies.
- Comply with all safety rules and procedures and report any deviations found.
- Act proactively and sustainably, aiming to minimize the impacts arising from the generation of liquid, solid and atmospheric waste.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering, or related IT courses; must have a minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in automation. Experience in food/beverage or packaging industry is a plus.
- Affinity in the area of automation (especially in PLC and basic network topics)
- Server and server virtualization knowledge
- Experience with scanner and camera systems in the industrial environment
- Printer knowledge (continuous / thermal Inkjet)
- Basic knowledge of MES systems. Ideally experience with configuration of a MES system
- Knowledge and affinity for Software solutions for the industrial environment
- Knowledge Track & Trace
- Commissioning (integration and connection of components in existing lines)
- 1st-level support
- Experience with different Service providing software
- Project experience in integrating devices to an 2nd level automation environment